The January After Party Sale is here and I could not be more excited! This is Lilly's bi-annual sale that only comes around in January and August. (or September)
This is a huge deal for Lilly lovers, like myself, as Lilly never goes on sale!!! This will be my 7th time shopping this sale (I will be working it too!) and I have learned some tricks after all these years to make it as sucessful as it can be.
1. You can't imagine the amount of work that goes into putting on one of these sales at all levels of Lilly; the warehouse, corporate stores, and signature stores. From floor set, taking orders, shipping, etc., be patient and most importantly be kind. This will be my second sale as a Lilly (Palm Avenue) employee and I am so excited to be working the sale (and shopping obviously)
2. Turnaround time for orders from Lillypulitzer.com can be up to six weeks. It can and will take that long for all of your orders to arrive. If you need something sooner, try calling signature stores to find the item that you want. (message me too if you're looking for something specfic, I am happy to help!) Please be patient! Nothing is more frustrating (I can imagine) than getting calls all day long about order status. Every lilly employee is working extremely hard to get your order to you and making sure that it is correct. Lilly (online) expresses many, many times about the turnaround period.
Now for the tips:
1. Go and create or update your Lilly online account. Add all the cards you will be using and make sure your shipping/ billing addresses are correct.
2. The sale will go live at or around 8:00 a.m. on lillypulitzer.com and you will be placed in a virtual line. Do not refresh your page!!!! when it's your turn to shop, you will be redirected to the website.
3. Use as many devices that you can. Laptop, phone, iPad, whatever you can find! That way, once you complete one order, the other device is still in the line, and you will be back to shopping quicker. I used to always use the lilly app and website, but I hate the new app and don't think it is very user-friendly.
4. The items that you place in your cart are not reserved until you check-out. If you find something on your list and you'd be upset if you missed out on it, check-out and then wait in line again. Stuff sells so quickly!!!
5. All items are final sale, so don't just "buy to buy" be sure you will love and wear (or use) everything you are wanting to purchase.
6. Lastly- have fun!! This is such a fun sale and I love to see all of the hype on instagram/ facebook!
That is all for the tips!
Happy shopping friends!!!