Spray Tanning 101
Updated: Aug 20, 2019
Diet plan?!?! Hahaha more like time for a spray tan. There is nothing is better than being tan. Who cares if it is fake?! As long as you don't turn orange, no harm, no foul.
Here are some of my best tips and my recommendations of things to do at home before you spray:
1. Moisturize the heck out of your skin 2-4 days before you get your spray. Lather on the lotion, especially after taking a bath or shower.
2. Don't shave your legs until the day of your spray. Exfoliate your skin the morning of, even if your spray is that evening. After you exfoliate- shave, but do not use any products to shave that contain too much oil.
3. Do not use any lotion, or deodorant before your spray. Also, do not have on any makeup. I think it is best to take a shower and then go right to get it, but you can't always do that. Baby wipes work well to take off anything that you have on your skin, if you would need to go that route.
Before you get into the booth:
1. Take off all of your clothes (obviously)
2. Take off any jewelry and pull up your hair.
3. Put on your hair net leaving an inch or so around your entire head, making sure your ears aren't covered as well so you don't cover where the spray needs to be.
4. Next, put on your sticky feet. My salon sells them for $2. They will help so that your feet don't turn orange. If your salon doesn't sell them, buy some from amazon before your appointment. (the ones I use are linked here.)
5. Lastly, you need to use some type of blending cream (my tanning salon provides this, check with yours) on the dry parts of your body. Usually your feet, hands, elbows, and knees.
During and after the spray:
1. Make sure you switch your hands in-between turns so that the same arm isn't sprayed more than once. Been there, done that.
2. Dry completely in-between turns.
3. Once your spray is completed, make sure you are dry. You will still be sticky, but just don't let your skin to be wet. Plus, the heat feels soooooo good.
4. Get out of booth, wipe off your hands with a baby wipe, in-between your toes, your knees, and anywhere else you don't want the color to be as dark.
5. Be careful dressing and make sure you're wearing loose fitting clothes, I always wear darker ones.
After the spray:
1. Stay dry. NO working out, swimming, bathing, and especially do not cry. It will streak it and ruin the setting process.
2. Moisturize twice a day for about 7-10 days for best results for your tan. It then will fade evenly.
That is it for the tips. I will work on more beauty content soon.