Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale
Updated: Aug 20, 2019
I think when the word "party" is in the name of the sale, you just know it's going to be good! It is finally the best time of the year!!! APS! I have been shopping this sale for six years now, so I know allll of the tricks and hacks.
This sale only comes twice a year, In January and August (September this year) and if you don't live near a store, it is practically impossible to find Lilly that is on sale.
Here are a few things to remember before I go into the tips:
1. You can't imagine the amount of work that goes into putting on one of these sales at all levels of Lilly; the warehouse, corporate stores, and signature stores. From floor set, taking orders, shipping, etc. Please be patient and most importantly be kind. This will be my first sale as a Lilly (Palm Avenue) employee and I am so excited to be working the sale (and shopping obvi)
2. Turnaround time for orders from lillypulitzer.com can be up to six weeks. It can and will take that long for all of your orders to arrive. If you need something sooner, try calling signature stores to find the item that you want. (message me too if you're looking for something specfic. happy to help!) Please be patient! Nothing is more frustrating (I can imagine) than getting calls all day long about order status. Every Lilly employee is working extremely hard to get your order to you and making sure that it is correct. Lilly (online) expresses many, many times about the turnaround period.
Now for the tips:
1. Go and create or update your Lilly online account. Add all the cards you will be using and make sure your shipping/ billing addresses are correct.
2. The sale will go live at or around 8:00 A.M. on lillypulitzer.com and you will be placed in a virtual line. Do not refresh your page!!!! When it's your turn to shop, you will be redirected to the website.
3. Use as many devices that you can. Laptop, phone, iPad, whatever you can find! That way, once you complete one order, the other device is still in the line, and you will be back to shopping quicker. I used to always use the lilly app and website, but I hate the new app and don't think it is very user-friendly. Still wouldn't hurt to also try it.
4. The items that you place in your cart are not reserved until you check-out. if you find something on your list and you'd be upset if you missed out on it, check-out and then wait in line again. stuff sells so quickly!!!
5. All items are final sale, so don't just "buy to buy" be sure you will love and wear (or use) everything you are wanting to purchase.
6. Lastly, Have fun!!!!! this is such a fun sale and I love to see all of the hype on instagram/ facebook!
that is all for the tips!
Now for a few of the questions:
Do you know what prints will be included?
Nope! nothing from the lastest four releases I would assume, but spring/ early summer will most likely be included.
What is the best thing to buy?
shifts, anything silk, older gwp, swim, leggings, whatever you have been wanting!!
what am I looking for?
homeslice donna romper, someone find me this pleaseeeeee!!!! (12,14,16) catch the wave board shorts, mermaid's cove tunic, a new shift dress, and some sweaters. If there is a new release and I love it, I usually just buy it so I don't have to search for it later. especially the leggings. buy. all. the. leggings. my list isn't long.
That is all for my tips!! Good luck ladies, may the Lilly odds be ever in your favor!